Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm busy, busy, terribly busy...PROGRESS, not perfection!

Is anyone else familiar with the lyrics to Veggie Tales, "Busy, Busy?"  I think it's been my theme song for the past 5 months...


Having been a SAHM for the most part of the past 12 years, I'm fairly new to balancing everything that comes with teaching full time, 3 kids, a 19 year marriage, 2 dogs, and family in town. But this is a new day, the start of a new week, and we are in a NEW YEAR! I am trying to become more balanced at work.  Not yet on top of everything, but certainly getting better.  I think I've logged only 1 late night the past two weeks, instead of one night home by 4:00 in the two weeks, as it had been.  Progress, not perfection. With the new year, I have decided to focus on one word instead of several goals or resolutions.

My #oneword ?
SIMPLIFY

I need to simplify my closet to make mornings easier.
I need to simplify my lessons (not learning or engagement) so students and I can better focus.
I need to simplify my assignments and grading so my desk...wait, where is my desk...oh, yes, its under Mt. Paperwork!
I need to simplify my activities so I can have more time with my family.
I need to simplify.
I simply need to simplify.
Simply simplify...

Sounds simple, right?





No comments: