Sunday, January 18, 2015

Talking About a Revolution


Let's talk about a REVOLUTION.  I want to start one...





  
...no, I don't want a revolution based on Women's Rights...




  ...and I don't want to rehash the Mexican Revolution, either.



I want to start a student revolution...
        ... a revolution that will break the bondage of student to teacher.
        ... a revolution that will make students more independent.
        ... a revolution that will make students more self sufficient.
        ... a revolution that will make students more self-capable. 

(Wait, did I just make up a new word?  Oh well!)


This revolution will be fought in a non-violent, educational manner.
This revolution will be for independence.



Why do some of my students come to me as though their 
situation is DEFCON5? 
Have they even read the instructions? 




I saw a poster at a school in Arkansas and have searched the internet trying to purchase it.  Coming up short, I created my own.  

I numbered in order of the steps students should take, hoping this will assist my students in improving their self-reliance skills. A co-worker reminded me of another self-reliance strategy, "C2 B4 Me," or in other words, ask two other students before you go to the teacher.





If you want to join the Student Self-Reliance Revolution at your school, please join in! 
My poster is available for you to use if you so desire.  
Do you have something revolutionary to share? Let's use the hashtag 
#StudentRevolution.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am enjoying my attempt at starting a revolution...we will see how it catches on, though. Heh heh.