Thursday, August 14, 2014

Student Walk-Through

I am tired. My feet hurt – I have a blister on my foot from new "big girl" shoes I wore yesterday (and only 6 hours). I've spent late hours both in my classroom and at home reading, preparing, researching. But I am not discouraged.  I am not hesitant. I am not sorry to see the end of summer. On the contrary, I am excited about this school year! 

We are anticipating +\- 180 sixth-graders this year--one of the largest Longfellow Middle School has seen. Yesterday our sixth-graders were invited to LMS  to walk through a mock schedule.  You see, they weren't able to your the building in the spring as fifth-graders because the building was under reconstruction. Sixth-grade teachers were discussing that a turnout of 80 would be great.  Yesterday somewhere around 125 showed up! I think the kids are excited about this school year, too!

Power to the Teachers!

No comments: