Saturday, August 9, 2014

Never Before...

I have taught before, but I think I'd mentioned that in my first blog post.  Never have I reported so early in August.  Now, I'm not one who usually remembers dates, so how do I know?  Today is my birthday…and never have I reported back to school BEFORE my birthday.  I'd always viewed that as a good thing -- but this year is different.  The staff I have met thus far is different.  I am different.  I am so very glad to be working with them, for they bless me beyond belief! We get along, share, encourage, expand, and help each other. We have group jokes from our FIRST DAY together.  It's unreal!

We had just a half day of the district's new teacher workshops/meetings yesterday, so we gathered at Applebee's for lunch.  Much to my surprise, I was sung to AND given such a sweet birthday card and gift card.  Honestly, I was fighting back tears…I was moved!  These people I had JUST MET on Monday…not even three work days ago…had plotted.  :)  After lunch, I reached to pay for the ticket, BUT NO!  They had secretly arranged to split my tab amongst them!  I had my daughter there, too, and they paid for hers!  I was (and still am) touched.

Never before have I felt such an immediate bond with my grade level (plus one!) of teachers.

Never before have I thanked building administrators for hiring the new teachers…ALL of them!

Never before has a group of educators moved me to improve myself and grow professionally.

Never before have I awakened on a Saturday at 6am (on my birthday, no less) and my first thoughts were of school! Honest Engine!!

Never before have I wanted…waited…for the time to pass so I can get into the school building to get back to work.

Yes, I am thrilled to announce I am certain this year will be like never before!

No comments: