Sunday, July 6, 2014

Can any working parent "have it all?"

Today's blog post is in response to an article I read about the CEO of Pepsi Co. (link to follow) I appreciate Indra Nooyi's candor...as one who has worked full time before children, worked FT with one child, been a SAHM with all three, worked PT with all three, and am preparing to return to working FT with three children, I always felt guilty/inadequate because I was always missing out on something.  This article made sense to me. It's not the lesson of the 70's and 80's my generation heard growing up...but I'm no longer sold on that being possible.  I believe any of us can choose to do anything, but no one can have it all.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/why-pepsico-ceo-indra-k-nooyi-cant-have-it-all/373750/

Power to the teachers!
Cathy

No comments: