Tuesday, June 24, 2014

...I'm baaaaaack!

Nearly twelve years ago, I taught two years of fourth grade and nine years of sixth grade.  I loved the interaction with the students, seeing the "ah-ha" moment when they understood a concept. I loved coming up with new ways to teach old tricks.  I loved learning from my students.  I. Loved. Teaching!  Then we began our own family. My husband and I both wanted me to stay home to raise our children--it was a blessing to get to do just that!   

Our three are older and more independent now, and I have been restless at home. I have tutored, dabbled in gardening, worked at a coffee shop and my husband's office. I have learned scrapbooking, knitting and quilting and crochetting.  The past three years I have even substituted PK-12 and have realized the "teacher itch" is still there. This fall I will be back in my own classroom teaching sixth grade English/Language Arts at middle school.  And. I. Am. EXCITED!

I may have gone off the teacher track, but Mrs. Benge is coming back!

2 comments:

Jessica R. said...

Congratulations on returning to the classroom. I'm sure that WBT will make a big difference in your classroom. Glad we meet on Twitter! (hannah1873)

Unknown said...

Jessica, I'm so glad to have learned about WBT, gotten to go to the National Convention, and then to have "met" you on twitter! WOO HOO! 2014-2015 will be a fabulous year for all Wibbiteers!